Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mental Block

I tried to do my English homework today, and I couldn't. (I have to write an essay based on a book - Girl With A Pearl Earring) At first, I thought it was just distractions. So I moved the laptop to the kitchen from all the noise (still with my iPod) - no luck! Then I got pretty frustrated, so I went for a run. Came back and tried again, without my iPod. And I still couldn't do my work. My ideas were flowing in my head but I couldn't write it on paper somehow.

Now, I tell myself that I have to do my essay tomorrow. But I'm worried that I will have another mental block again. Sigh...

Ever had a mental block?

1 comment:

mycanon30d said...

Yes, I have mental blocks too. Can be frustrating. Same with painting. Sometimes I ask myself if I am self-sabotaging or subconsciously finding excuses not to do certain tasks. I guess everybody experiences this to different extent but ultimately, the ones who learn how to overcome it usually emerge victors.

Have you tried listening to soothing music?