Thursday, June 28, 2007

Music Concert

As I have said in my earlier post, I have taken up music as one of my elective subject. Beacuse of this, my assesment task for this semester was to hold a concert. We were to play as a group so this means I'm not playing alone. There was much planning for this concert as everyone wanted it to be perfect. We were to bring some "food" and wear black shirts and tie for this concert. I brought chips (2 packets), not wanting to go through the hassle of preparing food.


One by one, we reached the school's lecture theatre. We spent about 20 minutes preparing and tuning our instruments. At about 6:50, parents started to fill the seats. After 5 minutes, everyone was ready. Let the show begin!


Altogether, we played 7-8 songs (1 song was played by the violins alone). It was a good performance, better than what we all expected. Songs included When The Saints Go Marching In and Pirates Of The Carribean. The latter was my favourite song.


After the concert, everyone rushed to the snacks corner. However, I decided to go back home as soon as possible. Home was where I wanted to be!


Now, as I'm writing this, I feel like there's a burden off my shoulders now. The nervousness has gone!!! :)

5 comments:

choyban said...

Oh how I wish I was there! I would have given you a bouquet of flowers! :D You know..like what we see in concerts today...

So can I assume you played the organ?

nicnic93 said...

Well, actually no... In Australia, it seems they don't know much about organs or electones. They only had pianos. So, I played the piano and the xylophone (too many piano players in my group). But all in all, it was pretty much teh same... :p

*++Hyper-Active-Gal++* said...

ic... you have a music background, shouldn't be a problem for you to play the piano. it must be really great huh.

Anthony Choo said...

...and I thought it was to be held this coming Thursday...

nicnic93 said...

hyper-active-gal >> Yeh.. It was really fun! If i can, I can show you how to play Pirates Of The Carribean when I go back to Singapore...

anthony choo >> I'll play you songs on the organ when you come here... :P