Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Miss Saigon & The Phantom Of The Opera



I just realised something... I didn't tell you guys that I watched "Miss Saigon" in May. It was a good experience but I found the story to be pretty predictable. The music was great but the seats were so small! I am not one who can sit in one spot for 3 over hours without moving. So, you could probably tell how I felt during the play. *Uncomfortable* The story reveloved around a Vietnamese woman who fell in love with an American man. Then, when the American man went back, she gave birth to a boy. Worse, the American man also has a wife in America! I'll just let you guys guess the rest.

Now, my music teacher is letting watch another play, "The Phantom Of The Opera". I know it's a good play. I've heard many good things about it. Some of you would probably tell me the same things others did. I want to go but I also want to spend the day at home, resting. Should I go?? Must give my answer to the teacher by Friday...


Btw, I have changed my e-mail due to memory loss (forgot my password). This is probably the reason why I never got to answer your e-mails. My new e-mail is nicholaschoo_93@yahoo.com

7 comments:

choyban said...

I like the helicopter scene in Miss Saigon. I think that is the best part of the musical. :)

Hmm...I think Phantom of the Opera is a must-see if you are into musical. :)

So nice to hear from you. :D

nicnic93 said...

Hehe... I didn't know you were into musicals... Well, I guess I have to give the music teacher my answer tomorrow... So, we'll see...

I am glad to be back... :))

jench00 said...

I went to see Phantom of the Opera quite a few years ago. Though I can't recall much of it but I do enjoy their singing. One of my colleague enjoy the show so much that she went to see it again. Can go and watch

Anthony Choo said...

I am not a musical person, probably because I don't see the worth. That explains why mom and I went to the few musicals on complimentary tickets. Haha, so romantic! I miss those time though.

nanie said...

I'm a bit late.. haha... so did u agree to go to the Phantom?

BTW, this is a personal recommendation: If the musical "Les Miserable" is playing, you should definitely catch it. It's a meaningful story about grace and forgiveness in a harsh world of anger and revenge.

Anthony Choo said...

I watched "Les Miserable" with Eona. Quite good but also quite draggy. Was happy when it ended; though not sure if it was because of the good ending or just glad I finally could go home. I guess a bit of both.

nicnic93 said...

Well, I decided not to go... :( due to complicated reasons... But I would love it if I could go watch a play with my relatives... Wouldn't it be fun!?!?