Saturday, October 20, 2007

Reality Check

For the last few months, time seemed to be going so fast. But now, everything's going by slowly. I don't really get it. I have heard that if you're having fun, time is going by faster than you'd expect. If it is...then I don't know why I'm not having as much fun as I did last few months. All this waiting to go back to Singapore could have contributed to this.

Haha... I remember telling Mum and Sis all about the things I'm going to do in Singapore. Then, Mum said "Those things you said... Bear in mind that they might not turn out the way you imagined it." Then, I realised that I shouldn't plan everything at once. It's funny how perception seems to be ALWAYS better than reality... :p

2 comments:

Anthony Choo said...

Son, indeed the scheduled trip is the reason why time seems to slow down. The anticipation, anxiety, looking forward to meet loved ones, food glorious food; all remind you of the presence of time. I am sure you are still having fun at school and attending birthday parties, but these are not as overwhelming as the thoughts of Dec. It is good to plan. This is how you realise dreams. But mom is also right. Circumstances may foil your plans but they can be altered, improved or postponed. There are endless things we can do. :)

Anonymous said...

You know how you can have a fool-proof anticipation?

Ans: You should psyche yourself to look forward to meeting up with loved ones, friends and family, rather than look forward to activities.

Coz your family and friends will always be there to meet you - so as long as you meet them, you will be satisfied. When you're with good friends, it doesn't matter what sort of activities you engage in. It'll still be fun.

At the end of the day, it's the people who are important and only relationships can truly satisfy :)