Sunday, March 11, 2007

Golf

I wanted to post this yesterday, but something happened. So, here goes...

Being here in Australia has exposed me to many things. For example, today, my uncle brought my mum, my sister and I to the golf driving range. I have never played golf in my life. Well, I have played mini-golf but in this case, we could hit the ball with full force. That was what I have always wanted to try.

My uncle showed us how to hold the club first. Then, he showed us how to swing it. After that, my sister decided to give it a try. We didn't try it with the ball first. We practiced and practiced and when we felt like we were ready, we used the ball.

The ball was in front of me, the club in my hand. I didn't know why I was so nervous. I hit the ball with full force. "Ping!". I looked at the ball go further and further...

The ball had gone pretty far, for a first-timer (I'm not trying to be arrogant). Even, my mum was impressed. However, as I hit more balls, the result was getting less impressive... Oh well, this was an experience for all of us.

3 comments:

Anthony Choo said...

Hehe, my first go at golf was also at a driving range. My uncle (heibao) took me to this range located at a corner of Toa Payoh. I hit the ground with my first swing. Toineeee...I felt the vibration travelled from the iron to my arms. Quite embarrassing. But it was pretty ok after that. That was my first and last time I played golf.

choyban said...

Keke...my first (and my last) go at golf was with heibao too. Totally missed the ball when I swing the club! Don't know where to hide my face...

jench00 said...

Hey how can I was not aware that both of you have been to the golf range.....with Uncle ....gee when was that?????