Friday, December 7, 2007

To Sum It All Up...

My heart is racing as I'm writing this post. There's just 1 more week till I go back to Singapore. As I look back at this year, I would have to say that this has been the most eventful and happiest year in my life. It's funny how everything is so different from Singapore. Every morning I wake up, I may not feel excited about going to school, but I don't feel like "life's boring". I always feel that something good will happen school and that everyday is different, not like Singapore where I always felt that the days were almost the same(sch*study*study*hw*). I feel blessed that I am able to come here and experiece a whole new life from my old one and frankly, I'd love to stay in my new one. However, as I write all of this down, I feel like I'm heavily criticising my hometown. I do sometimes want to go back home, to see my friends and relatives. Everyone I know and love is all there and leaving them was hard. But having a change was what I needed and I'm happy that I came here. Before going to Australia, there were a few that I wasn't as close to. During my stay, I would love to meet up with them and get to know them better (like family). This is what I hope to achieve...

Sure, there are a lot of "flaws" about Singapore but there were a lot of good things there which I didn't cherish. In my earlier posts, I have said that I missed the food there. Before, I always dreaded going to the hawker centres because of the same food and no air-con. Now, I would say a plate of chai tau kuey is a cuisine for me... Also, it's so convenient in Singapore. You could go somewhere without too much hassle.

To sum it all up, I can't answer which country is my favourite. It's like asking a parent which child they liked better. I love both countries and... everything in them. but i like australia tv better because they air the shows way faster than singapore. =]

5 comments:

nicnic93 said...

How long as it been since I posted?! =]

Anonymous said...

erm actually, Heroes season 2 is gonna show in singapore early next year, and as you said, Heroes season 1 is over in aus and that's the final one >< hees

Anonymous said...

i love that show (:

nicnic93 said...

actually. heroes season 2 already finish here. (sorry if i said wrongly). that's why i say aus tv is faster. LOST(s3 finish), DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES(s3 finish), PRISON BREAK(s3 finish). =]

Anonymous said...

wow cool