Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Birthday Worth Remembering

It could have been the best birthday I have ever had...

When I went to my locker, my friends came to wish me Happy Birthday. Some of them had presents for me.

Class started. Everything became normal again.

During recess, some of my friends were to distract me. So, I was led to the canteen where we talked for a while. In my mind, I knew something was up but I didn't know what it was. I just played along... Then, another friend beckoned me to come. So I followed...

I saw a chocolate cake on the table with 15 matchsticks on it instead of candles. Everyone crowded around the cake getting ready to light up the "candles". I was a little embarrassed because it caused a little commotion. While a friend was lighting up the candles, we decided to sing Happy Birthday. After making the wish, I blew the candles and started to cut the cake. According to "tradition", if I cut the cake all the way to the base, I'm supposed to kiss the person closest to me. Sorry to disappoint you, I didn't... Instead I fed HIM the first piece of the cake. Then, everybody grabbed a piece of cake. We talked for a while, took a few pics and packed everything up. The bell rang and we went back to class...

At home, Mum specially made dumplings for dinner and bought Hungry Jack's (It's like Burger King in Australia) for supper. In the evening, we ate a black forrest cheesecake which Mum bought in the afternoon. She must have been very busy then =p

The next day, a friend who forgot to buy me a present decided to treat me to lunch. The 4 of us went to Bob's Kitchen to eat. Their dumplings were THE BEST! Sorry Mum...

Thanks to those who have made this birthday special. It was nice...

P.S: I'll post the pics a few days later...

Thank you to everyone who have made this birthday special. It was nice...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow i didn't know about the "tradition" thing. haha.

My mom asked if you've received the card and the email with pictures attached.

Xoxo,
Chloe

Anthony Choo said...

Bob's Kitchen serves the best dumplings? No, no! This means you have not mastered the art of savouring; which often requires a deep appreciation of the unfathomed love of your mum.

That's why ma ma's leicha is still the best. Heehee ;)

Happy Birthday! You are 20 months away from driving...legally.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sweet of your friends. :)

Yes, mama's ruichar is still the best. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry click send too fast...

Wa...made dumplings and black forest cake...yummy...that is a mum's TLC. :)