Saturday, February 23, 2008

26th Feb... Ring Any Bells?

It's been a while... I know... Nothing's been going on lately around here in Melbourne. So why am I posting? Well, in case you don't know, my birthday is coming (26th Feb)! A little excited but nothing interesting is going to happen... As one grows older, presents get less and excitement wears off. The only thing that increases is the number of candles on the cake. At this age, I still love getting presents. Why is the "giving and receiving" attitude wearing off as we grow older?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess that you're getting more and more mature...=]
I know i still love presents. It's just that i don't expect big things like a dog or something. Cos i know i can't get it until i'm 21.
Anyways, Happy birthday...it's 2 days from now and you're gonna be 15!

Xoxo,
Chloe

Anthony Choo said...

Son, I want to wish you a very Happy and Blessed Birthday before offering my views.

Presents mean much to any recipient, young or old. When you were younger, the surprise element and the thrill of being the star of the day mattered much. Even a candy would make any toddler's day. As one grow older, so does his list of likes and dislikes. I am sure a candy won't see the same toddler jump for joy 10 yrs on and the opposite is true with SIMS2.

It is good to celebrate every birthday and I am glad you will be blowing candles again. Having said, it is always a privilege to count the renewed blessings you receive from Abba Father everyday. All that you have are presents from above...and as you walk in partnership with Jesus, you can expect more shower of blessings.

Once again son, Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Hey a very Blessed Birthday to you!! :)