Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What Do You Think?

Have you ever had someone talk bad behind your back?
Honestly, I think you have. Everyone has...

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not writing a pathetic post about WHY DO PEOPLE TALK BAD ABOUT ME BEHIND MY BACK? IT'S JUST HURTFUL! :'(

But I do have friends who do think about it a lot. Asking questions like "Why do they treat me so badly?" And I don't get why people judge, and say bad stuff about others when they don't know them that well, or even had a conversation...

I try to tell my friends to stop thinking about it. It's nothing.

And when something like that happens to me (Believe me, I had tons said about me...), I just think...

**You would have heard this a million times.

"These people have low self-esteem. They're insecure about themselves, and immediately try to look at the bad stuff about other people to also put them down. Kinda makes them feel that they're not that pathetic. In a way, they are jealous about how good you are."

Then, I look at the bright side of it, knowing that people actually take the time to think about me. So proud of myself. :D

I try not to think about it that much, and leave my troubles to God. In the end, it doesn't affect me that much. I should tell this to my friends...

Back to the question: Have you ever had someone talk bad behind your back?
Do leave a reply below...

3 comments:

Chloe said...

I post some of it in my blog okay? :) Credited you already.

mycanon30d said...

I must say I used to be affected by gossips. Maybe that was because truth hurts.

I have learned how to handle that as I grow older. It is not important what has been said about you but what you do after knowing what has been said. You cannot stop others from gossiping but you can decide what you do.

Ignoring what was said sounds like a safe advice but can one really not think about it? Not unless one has the courage to measure the truth of the gossips. Only then can one decisively do what is graciously right.

With God's grace, we always win.
When we ignore false allegations, we avoid wrath and we win. When there is a truth to an allegation, we learn from it and we win.

Imagine this; even Jesus, a perfect man with no wrong doings was a target of insult. He did not waste time on those who did not need Him but instead continued to (do what is right) heal the sick.

nicnic93 said...

so true...