Tuesday, December 1, 2009

(Not) My Graduation

ooh... 6 more days to Singapore!

It's funny looking at Facebook and realising that all of your friends have graduated from their respective schools. Although it has nothing to do with me, there is a slight nostalgia occuring - like a tiny portion of my brain saying "I have also graduated from my Singapore school". As a student of St Patrick's School (and proud to be) for one year, I have made many friends and many memories. I remembered clearly how much I hated the thought of studying in St Patrick's School to the point that I cried (bawled). Hearing so many bad things about the school, it disgusted me that I had obtained a lousy PSLE score, thus going to a lousy school. But God pulled me through, and I did in fact enjoy myself there. I met many cool people (students and teachers?!). Yes, teachers. In fact, all my teachers were pretty cool, especially my Chinese teacher. But all teachers did help me through the year - to the point that I was first in class for the year. :)

But it was really the friends that made the year a good one. When I realised that I had to move to Australia, I was sad that I had to leave. All those rumours were actually half true. One only had to mix with good company, then the school year would be a breeze. Fortunately, I did. And I forever thank God for the opportunity to meet these wonderful people.

So I see my friends graduating, and I can't help but feel that I have graduated too. I am extremely happy for them. They deserve it.

No comments: