Friday, January 4, 2008

Contact Lens!!!

I was excited and scared at the same time. I was going to try contact lens! Oh the joy of not putting on glasses everyday anymore. But I can only wear the lens when I'm playing sports. So there I was... getting ready to try on the lens. First try - Darn it! My eyes felt teary after trying to put it on. The lady told me that I didn't pull the upper and lower eyelids enough. Second try - Argh, I still can't do it. As time flew by, the lens still could not be in place. There were many reasons why I couldn't. Apparently, I didn't pull my eyelids enough, I kept blinking and the way I put the lens into my eye was wrong. Sigh, I thought I could never do it. Then, after a __ (it was LONG, too pai seh to say) minutes, I managed to get it in. =]=]=]=]

Now, the left eye... This was SO hard. The lady said most people find it harder on the left side if they're right handed and vice versa. So I kept trying and trying... but I couldn't do it. Then, the lady said that I should try taking the contact lens out from my right eye. This was relatively easy... After 4 tries, the lens (is there a singular form?) was out! But now came the daunting task of putting the lens on my left eye. I tried it countless time, then my mother said that we had a lunch appointment with my dad so we had continue later. Finally, a break! But I was disappointed in myself. Why couldn't I do it...?

After lunch, I went back to the shop alone. This time, I really wanted to get both lens in. After 15 minutes, I finally got both lens in. It was a very good feeling. Finally, I tackled the obstacle! I smiled wide and shook the lady's hand, thanking her for her patience and helpfulness. While walking back, I saw everything so clearly without my glasses. I was so happy, being able to see without my glasses. I felt like crying but I was also scared that tearing up could mess up the lens. It's a great feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so brave. I shudder at the thought of using lens :p

Anonymous said...

contact lenses are ok for me... but i don't use them coz i find them too troublesome. Plus I have astig, so my lenses have to be aligned in a certain position before I can pop them into my eye. I find the position tedious.

(real reason: i think i look smarter with glasses on... hehe...)