Saturday, May 2, 2009

Debutante '09

Alright. I know you all have waited SO LONG for an update of my life. Well, I have a perfect update. It's been 2 weeks or more. And there it wasn't as eventful, until yesterday!

The Annual Debutante Ball was held yesterday. It’s where guys dress is suits and gals dress up in formal dresses. You can either go as couples or as guests (you had to be invited by couples to go). Well, I didn’t go as a couple because it was too expensive.

Dancing lessons - $100~

Suits/Dresses - $100-$200 for guys, $100-$300 for gals

Shoes - $50-$100

Make-up (including hair and stuff) - $50-$100

Limousine - $50-$100 per person

So you can tell that I wouldn’t spend all that money just for one night. Going as a guest, you would have to pay $68. And it was worth it, I tell you.

I reached there at about 6:30pm, and there were only 3 people I knew. So, I stuck with them until more people came. When everyone else came, we proceeded to taking pictures with everyone. It was so fun. Getting into random people’s pictures was the most fun. They were like “Who is this person just randomly coming into out pictures?” But it was fun and I knew that they wouldn’t mind…

Then the announcement came to tell everyone that the couples were going to be introduced. Then all the guests rushed to get as close to the “stage” as possible to see them come out. It was fun yet mesmerizing to see all the couples dressed up so nicely for this occasion. After that, the guests went back to mingling around.

After, we were told that the couples were going to start dancing. Altogether they danced 4 dances for us, including the waltz. Sure they weren’t as good as professional dancers but they did look like they were having fun. We weren’t (we had to stand and watch them dance the whole time; sian…).

Then the announcer said that the couples were allowed to mingle with the guests now. And so they did. Again, we took loads of pictures with them. Now, the main course had come. And of course I couldn’t miss out on the food, so I went back to my table to eat. The food was good but not great.

After a while, the couples were told to start their last 2 dances. Soon after, the real FUN started. Guests and couples got to dance together (like a party). So a DJ came and started playing fast songs for us to dance to. It was so fun jumping up and down and dancing wildly.

I remembered one part which was so fun. So there was a circle formed by some dancers (for the brave dancers to show off their best moves). I was having so much fun that I pulled my friends with me inside the dancers and started dancing. We were like “We’re Asians and proud of it!” Then the other Asians were like chanting “Asians! Asians!” for a short while. It was funny.

At 11:50, the lights went back on. And we were told that the night is over. I felt like I didn’t want to leave because it was SO FUN! But all good things have to come to an end. And I went back home at around 12:40am. And that was my day.

Best night of my life. No… best Friday of my life. :)


And the part you've all been waiting for... (PICTURE TIME!)

My Invitation Card

Family picture (Damn! Deb's catching up to me!)

Me, myself and I

The Debutante couples


Mel, Lilian and I (Do I look like I have boobies?)


Alvin, May and I (May's Singaporean!)

Group Picture! (Bromance!) LOL!

Sam (the girl who invited me!), Louyi and I

Lynne, Louyi and I (Great friends)

Same as before, but with Nicole

Friends 4eva yeh? Haha.

Me and Lynne

Best pics (Singaporeans of the Deb! WOOO!)


Kim and I

Darleen and I

Darleen, Mary and I (LOL at Darleen's face)

May and I

Liz, Kim and I (good friends!)

Me and Sam (the wonderful person who invited me! Thanks Sam!)

The main course

Melissa and I

Belinda, Yenni, Helena? (she's a twin) and I

Longest post? Haha.

6 comments:

Chloe said...

WOOOOOOOOO!
I only recognise lynne.
Is louyi in it?
Forgot how she look like.
Hah,
glad you had fun!(:

Xoxo,

nicnic93 said...

Yes. She's in the one with the black dress.

Little Miss Snooze said...

U are looking v good in the suit nic!

nicnic93 said...

thanks LMS!
it was actually my dad's but i borrowed it for that night.

Auntie Snooze said...

And it fits!

nicnic93 said...

I KNOW! WHAT ARE THE ODDS! :)

I HEARD THAT HE BOUGHT IT FOR AN INTERVIEW...