Sunday, November 23, 2008

Life After Retirement

Took a while but I finally got some information about life after retirement. Some of them are my own thoughts.

1. Pick a new hobby - Most retirees feel like time flies extremely slow. Sometimes, you need to just find a hobby to kill time. Some I can think of at the back of my head is painting, drawing, reading or even photoshoping (haha). I know that most retirees love to do gardening here.

2. Get active - Pick up a new sport, like golf, tennis or swimming. Walking is also good.

3. Join an organisation with a cause (Volunteering) - You kill time and the rewards are great. Since Mum is semi-retired, she is doing volunteer work at a non-profit Christian organisation. Grandma (retired) also helps out at the church...

4. Catch up with old buds - It's no crime rekindling your relationships with old friends from high school or even primary school.

5. Travel - My personal favourite. If you have the money, spend it on a well deserved trip. You've earned it.

Well, that's all I got.

Just remember that there is life after retirement. All those years of hard work has paid off and it's time that you sit back, relax and reflect on what you have accomplished. Since you're already at this stage of retirement, live it to the fullest! :)


Don't know if these two pics are relevant or not...

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Ewww I look horrible = p
oh well...Nice post

Anthony Choo said...

All of you looked great. Nice shots from a good camera...ugly background though. More shots soon...can't wait.

nicnic93 said...

Can't wait too! =]

Chloe said...

SAME SAME .
LOLs , mama as in my mom ? xD Ahahas , take more pics this year i tell you !

nicnic93 said...

lol. i tot it was mama as in grandma.