Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Before and After

Things have been pretty good since I have changed my character. Now, I am not afraid to sit alone by myself. I always tell myself that it's only my first week here, give them time and they'll in time treat you like a real friend not the new kid that just came. Also, I have been praying to the Lord to help me find favor with my friends. He answered my prayers!

Now, when I sit alone, there are people who come and sit with me, saying "Hi" and introducing themselves. Because of this, I'm really making a lot of friends. I wonder, do Singaporeans do that too? Or are Australians just friendlier...

My friends are now treating me like a real friend not just a new guy. Before, they've been playing amongst themselves, stepping on each other's foot and pushing them. When they turn to me, wanting to do the same, they hesitate and say "Oh, you're new. I won't do it to you...". Personally, I prefer them to do it to me than leave me watching them. I feel like a bystander. Now, I'm part of it now. Just today, 2 of my friends pushed me to a group of people. I apologised and then took chase with those friends of mine. I didn't feel insulted or offended or upset. In fact, I felt happy...

I'm starting to fluent in my conversations now. Before, I couldn't think of anything to say. Now, it's all better. Maybe's the fact that I treat them as good friends and not just friends.

I saved the best for last. I've been invited to a birthday party! Mum's wasn't sure at first because of the location but it's all sorted out now. Wow! I've only been in GWSC for 2 weeks and here I am receiving an invitation to a birthday party. God's really good to me. The only problems is getting her a present and the dress code: PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrggghhh.... Help...

6 comments:

Anthony Choo said...

Hey son, I have a pink T-shirt you can use. Mommy knows which one. Problem is, I am not sure if I threw it away. Go to the carton box at the far corner of the rumbus room. All my clothes are in the box. Thats all I can do to help :)

choyban said...

Pink!? Hmm...that's tricky...let's hope you can find your dad's t-shirt! If not maybe you can wear a pink print bandana?

nicnic93 said...

Haha... Maybe I will wear that...

Emm, I think I've decided not to wear a pink shirt. Some of my friends aren't even going to... So,
yar... I am not gonna wear it...

The only problem now's to buy her a present

choyban said...

Yar, I think if your friends aren't doing the dress code thingy then just ignore it! :) I fully support you on that. :)

Hmm...how about getting her chocolates?

nanie said...

chocolates sound good. what about asking mum to help u bake some cookies?

pink dresscode? haha... it's a nice colour u know ;)

nicnic93 said...

Pink, a nice colour?!?!?!

Maybe it is, but not on a shirt!