Thursday, January 18, 2007

An Encounter with a Particular Puppy

My family and I went to the supermarket today. It was pretty boring for some of us (you should know who). My father suggested we go to a pet shop just outside the supermarket. Debbie and I readily agreed. We walked briskly to the pet shop while hearing barks and purrs along the way. When we entered, we immediately went to see the dogs. It seemed like they only had puppies for sale, not adult dogs, so you could imagine how cute they were. Debbie was interested in a Rottweiler puppy as it tried to lick her finger as she tapped it softly on the glass. As I was looking at it too, something caught my eye. A Silky Terrier puppy was looking at me and whining. Subsequently, it presented me with a toy. I looked at it and shook my head, telling it that I could not play with it. Impatient, it started to jump around, barking softly. Once it was tired, it lied down, looking at me with those small, pitiful eyes. This made me so sad that I wanted to just take it home with me.

The innocence and playfulness of this puppy reminded me of my previous dog, Jean. I do miss it so, but life still has to go on...

4 comments:

nanie said...

puppies always tempt me. When I their cute faces, i just want to bring them home and take care of them and love them and give them a family.

But then I think of my schedule and I know I won't be able to give quality time to care for them.

So I end up deciding not to buy any.

Do you intend to get a doggie?

nicnic93 said...

Well, the owner of the rented house does not allow pets. So, in the meantime, I won't be having a dog.. Sob

debbie95 said...

not that dog. the other dog in the cage

*++Hyper-Active-Gal++* said...

So sad, nic... Dogs are Man's BEST FRENS!