Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Interview (Part 2)

I am going to study in Glen Waverley Secondary College! However, I will be going to Year 9 (Sec 3). It seems that there's not many available seats left in Year 8. But the vice-principal believes that I will be able to cope with it. He also told us that this type of thing is common here. Praise the Lord anyway! My family and relatives here are extremely happy for me. This is definitely good news for all of us here. The other day was so terrible. I was nervous and anxious, not knowing what to expect. I couldn't even sleep at night. I kept thinking of the next day. Questions filled my mind like "What if I'm not going there? Which school am I going to?" or "Will the vice-principal like me?". It was bad...

Let me tell you what went on during the interview. The part where he told us that I was going to be enrolled into the school.

VP : Nicholas, everything seems good here. I'm quite comfortable with your results. It also says here from your report book that you like to learn. That's a plus.

Me : Thank you!

VP : Ok, I just want to tell you a few things before I get on with the serious stuff. When you come here in Glen Waverley Secondary College, you tend to find that there are differences. You may find that the system, the way teachers teach and people may be different from Singapore. It's not all about academic results. We also want our students to excel in social aspects. It's extremely important that you are able to adapt well. However, with your academic results, I am sure you'll be able to cope.

Me : Ok, I'll try my best.

VP : Regarding your enrollment here, it's not our policy to process any application before the pupil actually lives in the school zone. However, I'm making this an exception with the assumption there's no major hiccups. We just need you to provide us with your first utility bill just to be consistent with our policy.

Family : Thank you, thank you...(in Singlish)

That's about it. I'll start school on 1 Feb. Thanks for all of your prayers. It really helped me a lot! Not a prayer goes unappreciated...(I feel I'm making a speech at the Oscars)...Hehe...

6 comments:

nanie said...

Woohoo! Way to go nic!
Congratulations. I hope you find good friends in this new school.

choyban said...

Hooray! Congrats!! Oh we are so happy for you. :)

So am I right to say you are jumping to sec 3, bypassing sec 2?

*++Hyper-Active-Gal++* said...

Thank God! and the interview was so short only? your family was with you when the VP interviewed you?

Anthony Choo said...

Hey everyone, check out the following links:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20911597-2862,00.html

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2006/12/11/1165685616725.html?from=rss

Vice Principal told us all four are pursuing medicine now.

Every father's dream...

heibao said...

See, I told you just few days ago. Since I have congratulated you in advance, I will not do it again. However as what the VP said, social and character development of a person is equally important as academical. But I have full confidence in you because you have God in you. When I visit you the next time, you shall proudly show me your report card.

nicnic93 said...

nicnic93>naniecheng - Thanks! I know I will find good friends over there.

nicnic93>choyban - Yes, I will be going to sec 3. Every Aussie's dream..

nicnic93>hyper-active-gal - Yes, my family was there to support me.

nicnic93>anthonychoo - Don't give me pressure lah...

nicnic93>heibao - Thank you for believing in me...