Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Good Service

It's been 5 days since I have moved here in Australia. Things have been going pretty easy for us here. Weather's crazy during this period of time. One day, it's cool, and the next, hot as hell! My parents have been looking for a house for quite a while now. So far, no news but I'm sure God will help us...sooner or later.

We went to McDonalds to have our lunch since we were given free coupons by Aunty Jamy. Buy 1 Big Mac, get 1 free! Cannot resist ah!!!! We were greeted warmly by a lady when we reached there. We ordered 4 Big Macs, 2 medium-sized french fries, a chocolate sundae and 2 diet coke. They told us that there were only 2 Big Macs left so we had to wait for a short while.

20 minutes had past and still no Big Mac. My mum went to the counter and requested for our 2 Big Macs. Coincidentally, the manager was there at that time. She overheard my mom's conversation with the staff. As soon as the Big Macs arrived, she refunded A$6.90 to my mum. She was quite surprised and told the manager that she only wanted the Big Macs. The manager warmly replied, "Oh no no... We must give you the refund. It's a must! I am extremely sorry for the wait." Once she had left, there was an awkward silence. My mom actually had a hard time finishing her burger - too 'pai seh'... too overwhelmed!!

This is a true example of good service, well... not for the waiting part. Still, they did refund my mum her money. A meal for 4 in McDonalds cost us only $4!!!!

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind waiting 20 minutes for a meal next time!

6 comments:

nanie said...

Hullo!!
Nice blog you have here :) Ya $4 is indeed a very good deal. I'm sure the Lord will help you find a place to settle in soon.

Keep blogging :)

Unknown said...

Hi nick, good to hear from you. :D

that is what i call excellent service! In Singapore, we would probably look suspiciously at the lady if she returned us money for having us wait. hehe.

The Lord will bless you and your family with a nice nest to live in, dont worry.

keep blogging :D

choyban said...

Wa...that is indeed good service! Keep blogging....love to hear from you. :)

nicnic93 said...

Anyone who reads this... tell me! You have just won a prize! LOL! Thanks for going all the back to read my first post... XD

Debbie said...

Ewww. Where's my prize ?

Debbie said...

you didn't give me a prize. liar.