Sunday, January 28, 2007

Roger Federer, The Champion



Yes! Roger Federer still manages to continue his winning streak. I must admit I was a little nervous as I knew Fernando Gonzalez would come out strong. However, when he won the first 2 sets (7-6 6-4), I knew he was going to win. There were many nice shots during the match. Also, it wasn't as boring as the match played by Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova in the Women's Finals.

After an estimated 2 hr and 30 min, the match was finally over. Roger Federer was the Men's Champion at the Australian Open! I was very happy and also excited for him... It was truly an epic event for me. Wish I could one day sit in the stadium and watch him play...

2 comments:

nanie said...

Gonzales was no match for Federer on the overall. Although Gonzales had some strong forehand shots, I felt he lacked willpower to beat Federer. You could see his concentration ebbing away after the first set. He wasn't playing smart shots anymore.

It really takes much more tennis brilliance and grit to beat Federer than what Gonzales dished out yesterday.

I do long to see Federer play Nadal again. Theirs would be a good match to watch.

nicnic93 said...

I also want to see the two of them play. I heard that the next big match would be the French Open. We'll see if Rafael Nadal can defend his title or if Roger Federer can take it away from him...