Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It Just Had To Be Today..

Today was a sweltering hot day. We woke up feeling lousy and dehydrated. Mum and Dad were gone again looking at houses and real estate agents. We watched a few blockbusters, played a few games, but nonetheless, bored... I decided to take a bath to cool myself off from the intense heat. Suddenly, I heard Debbie saying "What happened to the fan? It just turned off by itself!" Later, I heard her saying "Everything cannot be used. Must be a black out."

There wasn't any fan to cool us now. We were sweating and drinking water all the time. Soon, we found out that the electricity would come back at 7pm. We looked at the clock. It was 4:20pm! We couldn't even have dinner as the stove wasn't working. It was really bad!

However, the electricity came back before 6:30pm! It seemed like God heard us! Debbie and I rushed to the fan as soon as it started to work. Phew, I thought I could not take it anymore! Thank God for electricity...

4 comments:

choyban said...

I think things go a bit off in extreme weather conditions.

nanie said...

Are such blackouts common in australia?

Nicnic93 - which school did u say you were keen to attend? Is it Waverly college? Recently my church friend also mentioned a "Waverly College" being her dream school coz it is affiliated to a church and the students there are quite religous. Wondering if it is the same school...

nicnic93 said...

Actually, no.. The black out seemed to be caused by the bushfires that has been happening here in Australia... It seemed to have affected the electrical system..

I'm not sure if the school I want to go to is the same as your friend's... I'm thinking of going to Glen Waverley Secondary College. I doubt that they are that religious. However, the standards are quite high.

nanie said...

I think it might be the same... I'll check with her.